Charleston, West Virginia Auto Accident Attorney
Get My Case Reviewed
Auto Accident Attorneys in Charleston, West Virginia
Driving cars is part of almost everyone’s daily life, and despite your best efforts to be a safe driver, you may, unfortunately, find yourself the victim of a car accident. Over 2.5 million people are injured in motor vehicle crashes each year in the United States. Oftentimes the consequences of a car crash can reach farther than just personal injury, but into financial hardship as well.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, contact our Charleston, West Virginia car accident attorneys at Kaufman & McPherson PLLC today to find out if you are entitled to financial compensation. While money can never erase the effects of an accident, compensation can greatly alleviate the strain of paying for the aftermath of a crash.
How Can a Charleston, WV Accident Attorney Help?
Hiring our law firm to help you with your car accident case can make the difference between receiving a small and ultimately inadequate settlement from an insurance company and receiving substantial compensation that covers all the costs of the car accident.
For instance, you are entitled to seek compensation for medical bills long-term medical treatment, or therapy if necessary, and in the worst-case scenario, the end-of-life bills of a loved one who has been killed in a car accident.
Additionally, you may be compensated for intangible losses, such as loss of income or loss of ability to earn future income, pain and suffering, emotional and psychological distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium. Here is where our personal injury lawyers can help you live a regular life despite your accident.
When it comes to your insurance claims, your insurance company will not reimburse you for most of these damages, so you should contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible after a car accident, and certainly before making any statements or saying anything that could be construed as an admission the fault driver. We will also help you work out the best deal with your insurance adjusters.
Why Choose Kaufman & McPherson?
At Kaufman & McPherson, our auto accident attorney in Charleston, WV has years of experience handling car and personal injury cases and a success rate to prove it. We have helped car accident victims secure compensation after all different types of car crashes. Additionally, we offer free consultations and case evaluations and all of our cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay anything unless we win the case for you.
Our attorneys have taken on all sorts of entities in car accident cases, including:
- Government agencies
- Insurance companies
- Automobile manufacturers
- Other drivers
- Commercial vehicle companies
If you’ve been in a car crash and experienced serious injuries, wrongful death, brain injury, broken bones, property damage, or required medical attention don’t wait. Get in touch with our law offices today in order to secure the highest amount of compensation possible for your hardship.
Auto Accident FAQs We Get Asked Most
Here are a few questions our auto accident attorneys in Charleston, WV get asked frequently.
Our accident attorneys can help you with nearly any type of motor vehicle accident, including motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and car accidents. Additionally, if you were a pedestrian or bicyclist who was struck by a car or a driver in a single-vehicle accident, we may be able to help you obtain compensation.
We can still help you. Even if you have a past DUI or other legal issues, you may still be entitled to compensation for this accident. We can also refer you to a criminal defense attorney if necessary to get any other legal problems taken care of.
In the State of West Virginia, with only limited exceptions, you only have two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations bars your claim. However, your chances of a successful case are higher the sooner after the accident you obtain representation.
What To Do After You Are in an Auto Accident?
Even if you aren’t sure immediately after a crash that you want to pursue a claim, there are four steps that you should take right away just in case. Then, if you decide later to pursue a personal injury case, you will have all the documentation you need to be successful.
- Get medical attention. Obviously, if you have been severely injured in the crash, you will be taken to the hospital immediately in an ambulance. But, even if you only have minor injuries and decline to go to the hospital immediately, you should still get checked out as soon as you can by a medical professional to ensure that you have no serious injuries and get any injuries that did occur officially recorded. This medical record can be a critical piece of your case later on.
- Report on the accident. Depending on the severity of the crash, the police may or may not be called to the scene. If they do come out, they will most likely complete an accident report right then, but if they do not come out, call them as soon after the car accidentas possible to have an official accident report filed.
- Gather evidence. If you can, take photos at the scene of the car crash. Document the damage to your vehicle, the aftermath of the accident, any visible injuries, and anything else that you think may be relevant. Also keep all pertinent documents, such as medical bills, car repair bills, copies of any reports made, and so forth.
- Contact an accident attorney. The services of a personal injury attorney will greatly increase your chances of winning your case and obtaining substantial financial compensation. Your lawyer will help you deal with insurance companies and fill out all the correct forms. Be sure to avoid talking to an insurance company adjuster or making any statements until you have consulted with an attorney.
Contact Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Charleston Today!
We are happy to assist you over the phone at (304) 842-4300 or you can contact us anytime online. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible to set up your free case review and advise you on how to handle the immediate aftermath of your car accident. Our law firm is on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case.