Experienced Auto Accident Attorneys in Charleston
Driving cars is part of almost everyone’s daily life, and despite your best efforts to be a safe driver, you may, unfortunately, find yourself the victim of a car accident. Over 2.5 million people are injured in motor vehicle crashes each year in the United States. Oftentimes the consequences of a car crash can reach farther than just personal injury, but into financial hardship as well.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, contact our Charleston, West Virginia car accident attorneys at Kaufman & McPherson PLLC today to find out if you are entitled to financial compensation. While money can never erase the effects of an accident, compensation can greatly alleviate the strain of paying for the aftermath of a crash.
How Can a Charleston, WV Accident Attorney Help?
Hiring our Charleston auto accident law firm to help you with your car accident case can make the difference between receiving a small and ultimately inadequate settlement from an insurance company and receiving substantial compensation that covers all the costs of the car accident.
For instance, you are entitled to seek compensation for medical bills long-term medical treatment, or therapy if necessary, and in the worst-case scenario, the end-of-life bills of a loved one who has been killed in a car accident.
Additionally, you may be compensated for intangible losses, such as loss of income or loss of ability to earn future income, pain and suffering, emotional and psychological distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium. Here is where our personal injury lawyers can help you live a regular life despite your accident.
When it comes to your insurance claims, your insurance company will not reimburse you for most of these damages, so you should contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible after a car accident, and certainly before making any statements or saying anything that could be construed as an admission the fault driver. We will also help you work out the best deal with your insurance adjusters.
Why Choose Kaufman & McPherson?
At Kaufman & McPherson, our auto accident attorney in Charleston, WV has years of experience handling car and personal injury cases and a success rate to prove it. We have helped car accident victims secure compensation after all different types of car crashes.
Additionally, we offer free consultations and case evaluations and all of our cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay anything unless we win the case for you.
Our attorneys have taken on all sorts of entities in car accident cases, including:
- Government agencies
- Insurance companies
- Automobile manufacturers
- Other drivers
- Commercial vehicle companies
If you’ve been in a car crash and experienced serious injuries, wrongful death, brain injury, broken bones, property damage, or required medical attention don’t wait. Get in touch with our law offices today in order to secure the highest amount of compensation possible for your hardship.
Auto Accident FAQs We Get Asked Most
Here are a few questions our auto accident attorneys in Charleston, WV get asked frequently.
Our accident attorneys can help you with nearly any type of motor vehicle accident, including motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and car accidents. Additionally, if you were a pedestrian or bicyclist who was struck by a car or a driver in a single-vehicle accident, we may be able to help you obtain compensation.
We can still help you. Even if you have a past DUI or other legal issues, you may still be entitled to compensation for this accident. We can also refer you to a criminal defense attorney if necessary to get any other legal problems taken care of.
In the State of West Virginia, with only limited exceptions, you only have two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations bars your claim. However, your chances of a successful case are higher the sooner after the accident you obtain representation.
What To Do After You Are in an Auto Accident?
Even if you aren’t sure immediately after a crash that you want to pursue a claim, there are four steps that you should take right away just in case. Then, if you decide later to pursue a personal injury case, you will have all the documentation you need to be successful.
- Get medical attention. Obviously, if you have been severely injured in the crash, you will be taken to the hospital immediately in an ambulance. But, even if you only have minor injuries and decline to go to the hospital immediately, you should still get checked out as soon as you can by a medical professional to ensure that you have no serious injuries and get any injuries that did occur officially recorded. This medical record can be a critical piece of your case later on.
- Report on the accident. Depending on the severity of the crash, the police may or may not be called to the scene. If they do come out, they will most likely complete an accident report right then, but if they do not come out, call them as soon after the car accidentas possible to have an official accident report filed.
- Gather evidence. If you can, take photos at the scene of the car crash. Document the damage to your vehicle, the aftermath of the accident, any visible injuries, and anything else that you think may be relevant. Also keep all pertinent documents, such as medical bills, car repair bills, copies of any reports made, and so forth.
- Contact an accident attorney. The services of a personal injury attorney will greatly increase your chances of winning your case and obtaining substantial financial compensation. Your lawyer will help you deal with insurance companies and fill out all the correct forms. Be sure to avoid talking to an insurance company adjuster or making any statements until you have consulted with an attorney.
Contact Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Charleston Today!
We are happy to assist you over the phone at (304) 842-4300 or you can contact us anytime online. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible to set up your free case review and advise you on how to handle the immediate aftermath of your car accident. Our law firm is on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case.
Our Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairmont Will Fight for You!
Despite our best efforts to drive safely, car accidents still happen. Each year, more than 2.5 million people are injured in auto accidents in the United States. In many of these cases, accident victims are affected by both physical injuries as well as financial strife. Fortunately, our personal injury lawyers at Kaufman & McPherson PLLC are here to fight on your behalf for the financial compensation that you are entitled to.
If you or a loved one has recently been in a car accident in the Fairmont, West Virginia area, contact us immediately for legal representation. Many insurance companies will offer you only a fraction of the compensation that you deserve, but our auto accident attorneys in Fairmont, WV will help you win as much financial compensation as possible. Money can never completely fix the damages caused by a car wreck, but it can ease the resulting financial stress.
Fairmont Auto Accident Statistics
Between 2014 and 2017, 12 fatalities were resulting from accidents in Fairmont. A significant portion of these accidents involved drunk drivers that were clearly at fault. In 2017, more than 5 pedestrians per 100,000 population members of Fairmont were involved in fatal accidents.
How Can a Fairmont Car Accident Attorney Help?
A law firm can help you successfully file a personal injury claim after a motor vehicle accident and win the full amount of financial compensation that you are entitled to. As an accident victim, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, property damage, car repair costs, long-term care and therapy, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any tangible or intangible damages that you have suffered.
If your loved one has suffered a brain injury or other catastrophic injury, you can file a personal injury lawsuit with an attorney’s assistance. Should the worst happen and your loved one is killed in a crash, you can file a wrongful death case and you may be compensated for end-of-life expenses as well as mental pain and suffering and loss of companionship.
The at-fault driver’s insurance companyis unlikely to fairly compensate you for the majority of these damages, and adjusters will attempt to find any reason possible to avoid compensating you at all. For this reason, you must contact an auto accident attorneyas soon as possible after a crash happens – before you talk to an insurance companyor make a statement about the accident.
Even if you fear the accident was your fault or you have other legal issues, you are protected by attorney-client privilege and we can talk you through those issues.
Why is the Other Insurance Company Not Being Fair to Me? (Video)
What to Do After the Car Accident?
To file a successful personal injury case, there are four steps that you should take as soon as possible immediately following a car accident:
- Get a medical evaluation. Of course, if you have suffered a serious injury, you will be immediately transported to the hospital. However, even if you don’t feel hurt immediately following the crash or you only have minor injuries, you should still get medical attention. There are two main reasons for this – first, you may have injuries that have been masked by adrenaline or initially present as mild only to turn into a serious injurylater on. Second, the success of your personal injury case needs to have your injuries officially documented by a medical professional.
- Report the accident to the police. Call the police as soon as you can after the crash to file an accident report. This is another critical piece of evidence that can be used later by your auto accident attorney.
- Collect evidence. If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, and so forth. Create a file of relevant documents, including things like records of your medical expenses, repair bills, and copies of any other documentation of the crash.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer. Legal representation by a West Virginia personal injury attorney will greatly increase your chances of winning a substantial amount of financial compensation. Retain legal services right away so your attorney can walk you through the process of talking to insurance companies. Do not sign any documents or make any statements that could potentially be construed as an admission of fault in regards to the accident.
Why Choose Kaufman & McPherson?
At Kaufman & McPherson, our auto accident lawyer in Fairmont, WV has many years of experience handling personal injurylawsuits and a proven track recordof success. Our practice area includes the greater Fairmont region, so if you have been in an accident anywhere in the area, contact us today for a consultation.
Here are a few questions of Fairmont, WV auto accident attorneys are asked.
Your family members will be entitled to compensation, and you may still be entitled to some compensation. If we can prove that external factors played a role in the accident, recovery may still be possible.
Our law office handles all types of motor vehicle accidents, including motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and car accidents. Even if you were a pedestrian that was hit by a car, we can help you.
Yes. The statute of limitations for car accidents is two years in West Virginia, so you can file a lawsuit up to two years after the date of the crash. However, your case has a better chance of winning your financial compensation if you seek legal help right away.
Legal Advice& Case Evaluation
Contact our legal group today for your initial consultation and case evaluation if you or a loved one has been in a car accident in the Fairmont, WV area. Even if we can’t take on your case, we can offer you free legal advice on how to proceed.