Going through the physical and emotional pain of any injury is difficult. But, when you are injured in an accident caused by the negligence of someone else, the frustration is compounded—your life can be forever changed just because someone else did not exercise reasonable care.
When West Virginia personal injury lawsuits are needed
Whether you were injured in a car wreck, from a slip and fall, as a result of medical malpractice, or from any type of negligence, you basically have three options to gain compensation from an accidental injury:
- Insurance claim
- Out-of-court settlement with the parties who caused your injuries
- Lawsuit decided in court before a jury
Of course, you can try to handle an insurance claim or settlement on your own. But, without the advice and assistance of an attorney, you are less likely to gain full and fair compensation for the expenses you incurred from the accident—even from an insurance claim.
And, when you have sustained severe injury or have permanent damage—whether it is disability or scarring—it is critical that you seek assistance from a personal injury lawyer in West Virginia.
Look for specific qualities in an injury lawyer
Perhaps a West Virginia car wreck injury has started your search for automobile accident attorneys in West Virginia. But whenever you need legal assistance to help you collect compensation for an accidental injury—from an auto accident in West Virginia, or any type of accident—you should find an attorney with the following qualities to ensure you get the support you need:
- Track record of success: A qualified attorney can show a record of winning cases similar to yours. With over three decades of experience, Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC has a track record in a variety of cases. You can view a few of our representative cases online, or ask us for more information.
- Resources: Your attorney must have the specialized resources available to investigate any type of accident, including a car wreck in West Virginia. He or she must also have access to reputable expert witnesses when their testimony is needed in court. At Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC, we can also help you find any supportive resources you need for specialized medical treatment or counseling to help you get through a difficult time in your life.
- Communication and trust: You and your attorney must be able to communicate clearly to ensure you both understand the details of your case. You must also feel comfortable enough to discuss anything. Clients who come to Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC quickly learn we can be trusted to professionally handle any information they provide.
Contact the firm today
Call or visit us for a free consultation to discuss your personal injury matter. We also offer home and hospital visits for those who are injured and cannot travel to us. In family law matters, you can obtain free information by phone, or schedule a consultation.